Course Code: HLTAID003 – Provide first aid
First aid training certification is suitable for workers and members of the public who are required to have comprehensive first aid training. The aim of this first aid course is to give you the knowledge and skills to recognise and manage an injury until further medical assistance arrives. If you’re looking for first aid courses or training in Melbourne, we can help.
By the end of the course, you will be able to respond to a range of emergency situations at your home, your place of work and around your community. With a first aid certificate and proper first aid skills, you can potentially save a life or prevent an injury from worsening.
- Practical Skills
In order to complete the course, you must demonstrate that you have the ability to perform the tasks outlined in the unit. You must complete these tasks with adherence to the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines, first aid codes of practice, your state or territory’s laws and workplace regulations.
You will be expected to have:
- Performed at least two minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on an adult, child and infant resuscitation manikin
- Have applied first aid responses to allergic reactions, anaphylaxis, bleeding, choking, envenomation (via pressure immobilisation), fractures, sprains, respiratory distress and shock.
In addition, you must also show evidence that you possess the knowledge required to complete the tasks outlined in the unit. You will be expected to have knowledge of:
- ARC guidelines in relation to CPR and first aid
- Occupational health and safety practices
- Principles and procedures relating to infection control
- Stress-management techniques
- Duty of care requirements
You will also be expected to have basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology. This relates to:
- Recognising when a person is not breathing normally
- The effects of positional change on the airways
- You must complete the theory section before attending your in-person class
- The practical assessments will need to be completed either in groups, pairs or individually
We offer a range of other courses for businesses and individuals throughout Melbourne including traffic management courses, traffic control courses, white card courses and more.
At Construct Traffic, we are one of the most trusted traffic control companies in Victoria. We have extensive experience providing traffic planning and delivering expert traffic control plans across Melbourne and we can help you secure your worksite traffic and safety qualifications.
To find out more or to book a course, please contact us today.