Traffic Management Course
Traffic management essential for the construction industry. Properly managing traffic around and on a worksite is vital for site safety and efficiency and to ensure the safety and smooth flow of traffic through and around the site.
The Implement Traffic Management Plan (RIIWHS302E) traffic management course will outline the skills and knowledge you need to ensure that traffic flow is maintained around construction sites and that any risks to workers, pedestrians and drivers are minimised.
This course is suitable for workers in supervisory roles in general and civil construction, road and infrastructure construction, drilling, demolition and more.
The Implement Traffic Management Plan (RIIWHS302E) is a VicRoads prerequisite for all staff responsible for designing and implementing a traffic management plan or traffic guidance scheme.
Key Features of the Course
- Plan and prepare to implement a traffic management plan
- Set out the traffic guidance scheme
- Monitor traffic flow
- Shut down and clean up of traffic control site
- Store and maintain equipment and signage
Acquired Skills and Knowledge
- Understand, interpret and apply relevant policies and procedures
- Complete safe and effective traffic management plans that meet all requirements
- Work with others to effectively implement traffic management plans
- Identify equipment and demonstrate understanding of technical capabilities and limitations
- Identify safety and quality requirements
- Apply appropriate terminology
The course is open to anyone over the age of 18 who can demonstrate competency in written and spoken English, numeracy and communication skills.
Together with the traffic management course, we recommend completing the RIIWHS205E Control Traffic with Stop-slow Bat to obtain work in the industry.
We also offer a range of other courses for businesses and individuals throughout Melbourne including traffic control courses, first aid courses, white card courses and more.